The ROLL OF HONOR inductions are held in November each year in a two day ceremony aboard the USS Yorktown at Patriots Point (Charleston), South Carolina.
NOW is the time to come forward to take your place on the ROH.
The following items are needed to get each crewman nominated. Some items if not retrievable may possibly be worked around.
- Copy of flight record or document showing how many missions and type flown, if you don't have a record it can come from your Pilots log book.
- Copy of DD 214/ or 215 showing service and decorations.
- Copy of award citations received.
- Copy of several pictures of nominee, preferable by aircraft or with weapon.
- Several detailed combat missions flown, starting with before the mission until landing This is your story, be specific and not to detract from what you did, you can initially insert the name of the other crewmen and Pilots and leave them out for the rest of your narrative.
- A completed Bio/Nomination can be found at http://www.vpnavy.org/aircrew_4.html.
- A Paragraph or two from one of your Pilots is always a plus in this endeavor.
VO-67 aircrew personal please contact Bob Reynolds at VOSixthSeven@aol.com for submission instructions and requirements.
Other interested persons Contact Mr. Barry Soloman, PO Box 2502, Ailen, SC 29802-2502. Barry 803-649-7833 - firstname.lastname@example.org. If photographs requested with biographical information are available, please send duplicates so they may be retained on file. Files will be maintained so that nominees can be reconsidered if not selected on initial consideration. Do not send any original pictures or documents. Black out social security number on all documents.